Apply Yourself - FWG
1. You have to be willing to apply yourself to change. None of the other eight principles will help you without the willingness to change.
2. It's like having a seed in your hand but not willing to plant it.
a. I understand your hesitation, because it took me six months of progress before I was willing to commit myself fully to the path.
3. If you aren't willing to change, then ask yourself, "Why aren't you willing to change?"
a. Are you protecting something?
i. Are you protecting some egotistical thing?
ii. Are you protecting some pleasure indulgence?
(1) Attachments are using things beyond their usefulness.
iii. Whatever it is it ain't worth it. Let it go.
b. Are you aware there is a problem?
c. Most people have to hit rock bottom before they are willing to change. I know I did. So if you're just watching, fine; & when you hit rock bottom, you'll know what to do.
4. FWG is about thriving, not martyrhood.
a. It's about giving up things that are holding you back from thriving which are yourself (ego) & the pursuit of pleasures. b. FWG isn't just about fulfilling your survival needs, but fulfilling your needs that help you thrive.
i. My struggle with this week on survival & thriving.
c. Tomato plant example
d. Martyr woman
5. You know FWG isn't a cult or crazy talk, because it's all so simple & common sense. Plus, I link it back to reality too much.
6. Until you're willing to die to yourself (ego), you aren't going any where with FWG.
a. Until you love the truth more than anything else (including yourself), you're not ready for FWG, not really.
b. Everybody it seems has too many lines in the sand that they are unwilling to cross. It's just a bunch of ego lines in the their minds.
7. Apply Yourself is the first principle because without the willingness to change. None of the other principles really work. Even in the questioning of your ego to get started, you're still applying yourself.
8. Believe it or not, a lot of people use their problems as a crutch for not trying. Without actually trying, you can say something like, "I could have done that or I could have been somebody or I'm smarter than them; I just never got a chance."
a. All 100% egotistical bull crap. Nothing but a egotistical cope out! They are trapped by their egos & don't know it.